Come and celebrate Bean Hole Days in Pequot Lakes July 12-13, 2016! The huge cast iron kettles of beans are buried on Tuesday, July 12 so they can cook overnight and be served free of charge on Wednesday, July 13 at noon.
It's time to dig out Thor, Big Bertha, Ole, Sven, Lena and Baby Olga for the Pequot Lakes Bean Hole Days celebration July 12-13. Since 1938, this tradition brings thousands together as they share a free lunch of baked beans, dinner roll, and beverage.
The fun begins with the Paddle Hunt - your first clue will be released at 9 a.m. July 11. Tuesday evening the baked beans are buried in the ground to cook overnight and then the huge kettles of beans are unearthed mid-morning on Wednesday. The celebration culminates with the raising of the beans, a Queen and King Bean Coronation, an arts and crafts fair, food market, children's games, and of course, lunch!
Schedule of Events:
TUESDAY, JULY 12
WEDNESDAY, JULY 13
- 5:30 Burying of the Bean Ceremony - The beans, prepared from Paul Bunyan's Secret Recipe are buried in five huge cast iron kettles and cooked over a wood fire during the night. Join us for this special ceremony!
2014 MPR Coverage of Bean Hole Days
- 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Crafter Show
- 10:30 a.m. - Polka Music by Teddy Bear Sound
- 11:15 a.m. - Coronation Ceremony - Prince & Princess Jellybean and Crowning of the Queen or King Bean.
- 12:00 p.m. - Serving of the Beans. Friendly volunteers serve a FREE and delicious bowl of baked beans, dinner roll, and beverage to thousands of attendees.
Since 1938, people in Pequot Lakes, Minn. have been gathering for the sake of beans. Bean Hole Days got its start when local businessmen held a bean feed to thank farmers for their support of area businesses. Read full article...
Paddle Hunt Clues:
The drive around town has a different look, bring out the beans it’s time to cook! Bean Hole Days is finally here, in Pequot Lakes it’s the best time of the year.
Clue # 2
To have the perfect beans you need professionals every step of the way. So find the paddle and bring it here, the burying of the beans is quite near.
Clue # 3:
To build a successful event in Pequot Lakes. You may need to call on a business that has been around awhile. They might even need to call in their brother for reinforcements.
The Bean Hole Paddle has been found. We can now proceed with the raising of the beans! The Bean Hole Paddle was found by:
Hannah Emery & Kristin Emery from TX
& Bruce and Dianne Ohland from Pequot Lakes.