The Blue Ox Business Academy's Leadership Experience is designed for emerging leaders and high-potential employees to develop essential skills and insights into their leadership character.
As an established Chamber program with 400+ alumni, this leadership development program has been refreshed and rebooted for 2016! The nine-month program includes 10 full days of hands-on activities, custom tours, thought-provoking exercises, and conversations with established leaders.
Through Leadership Experience participants build relationships and gain an
inside view of the region's public, private, and nonprofit sectors?highlighting assets, challenges, and connections between themselves and the broader Lakes Area community. Upon completion of the program, all are challenged to take the next step in their organization and community.
> download PDF brochure
TUESDAY, JANUARY 26 & WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 27
(one overnight) Opening Retreat:
Myers-Briggs Profile, Leadership Traits & Styles
Community Experience: History & Future of the Lakes Area
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9
Personal Values for Leadership
Community Experience: Education
THURSDAY, MARCH 10
Problem Identification & Decision-Making
Community Experience: Business
APRIL TBD (based on state government schedule)
Community Vision & Action
Community Experience: Legislative - A Day at the St. Paul Capitol
TUESDAY, MAY 31
Community Experience: Tourism
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22
Community Experience: Healthcare
JULY - No session - summer break!
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 17
Community Experience: Government & Law Enforcement
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20
The Art of Influence
Community Experience: Nonprofits
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25
Public Speaking & Goal Review
Community Experience: Media
Commencement will be held at the Chamber's Annual Dinner in late October.
Registration for the Leadership Experience Class of 2016 is now closed. Congratulations to the following individuals for being selected to participate in the 2016 session:
- Levi Bock, Superior Mechanical
- Dustin Bowers, Nardini Fire Equipment Co., Inc.
- Kelly Burns, CTC - Consolidated Telecommunications Company
- Eric Charpentier, Deerwood Bank - Baxter
- Dylan Dimke, Lexington Manufacturing, Inc.
- Ryan Downs, Nor-Son, Inc.
- Ben Duhn, RiverWood Bank - Baxter
- Mitch Feierabend, Hy-Tec Construction of Brainerd, Inc.
- Christian Halverson, Education Minnesota BRAINERD, Local 697
- Jared Heldt, Midwest Security & Fire
- Anita Hollenhorst, Brainerd Lakes Chamber
- Katie Kottke, Lonesome Cottage Furniture Company
- Mike Manders, Grand View Lodge
- Jessica Martensen, Essentia Health St. Joseph's-Brainerd Clinic
- Rene Millner, Breen and Person - Crosslake Office
- Brent Potvin, Anderson Brothers Construction Company
- Matt Radniecki, Baratto Brothers Construction
- Anne Roberts, Cuyuna Regional Medical Center
- Jessica Rucins, Brainerd Industrial Center, LLC
- Sara Sundberg, Good Neighbor Home Health Care
- Patrick Sundberg, Jack Pine Brewery
- Liesa Thill, Widseth Smith Nolting
- Joseph Wendt, Essentia Health-St. Joseph's Medical Center
- Jon Weston, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
- Dan Yates, Bremer Bank - Brainerd
Please check back in fall of 2016 or contact Jenna
for details about the 2017 session.