Join The Salvation Army and Cub Foods as they host Business After Hours on Tuesday, September 8, 2020 from 4:30 - 6:00 pm in the parking lot west of The Salvation Army in downtown Brainerd. Guests will enjoy a canteen meal reflective of the food provided for emergency disaster responders and survivors: hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, Tom's famous baked beans and a cookie served in containers to follow COVID safe food handling rules. Bottled water and pop will also be available.
Attendees will have the opportunity to win the following prizes provided by The Salvation Army:
Social distancing and state guidelines will be followed. Ample hand sanitizer will be readily available. Snacks and beverages will be available in individual servings with no utensils being shared. For the Business After Hours announcements and program, a microphone will be used so attendees can remain socially distant by six feet over a large area. Door prizes will be arranged on a table, so when drawn, winners can take their prize without coming into personal contact. All areas will be clearly marked and social distancing expectations will be communicated and reinforced at check-in, on signage, and during the program.
- Men's Basket- Back Massager, Sausage Grinder, A Case for Faith paperback; F Scott Fitzgerald hardcover book set: This Side of Paradise, Tender is the Night, The Last Tycoon and The Great Gatsby; North American Communications Binoculars, Digital Wristwatch and A Purpose Driven Life journal. Approximate value $125.
- Family Basket- 2- 300 piece Jigsaw Puzzles, set of 4 Sandwich Cutters, Papercraft Scissors, Scrapbooking Materials, Praying the Bible for Your Children Hardcover, Simple Abundance A Daybook of Comfort and Joy Hardcover, DVD "6 Family Movies- The Wild Stallion, Kansas, Walking Thunder, The Legend of Wolf Mountain, Legend of Ruby Silver and Long Road Home", and a Disney "Winnie the Pooh" music box. Approximate value $60.
- Women's Basket- 3 Skeins of Yarn, "The Power of a Praying Woman" daily devotional, "Everyday Encouragement Spiritual Refreshment for Women", "Every Good Endeavor Connecting Your Work to God's Work" by Timothy Keller paperback, "Precious Pearl" necklace and Pearl Kit, 14 ct Cross-Stitch Fabric, Apple Currant Bath Frizz, 4 Aluminum Knitting Pins, "1/10" Crochet Hook, and a Sea Salt Breezy Candle in a Sewing Basket.
PROGRESSIVE GRAND PRIZE DRAWING (Must Be Present to Win!):
Names for our Host Grand Prize will be drawn from a tumbler filled with all of our current Chamber Members. If a representative of the business name drawn is present then he/she will be the recipient! If not, the prize will be drawn for at the next Business After Hours!
This week's prizes (over $1000 in value!):
Host Grand Prizes donated by-
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name with out discrimination. Wherever there is a need in Brainerd Lakes, you'll find the Salvation Army.
- Roundhouse Brewery- $100 Gift Card
- LINDAR Corporation- Maluna Cooler ($265 value!).
- The Woods Restaurant- Four tickets to drive in movie and dinner for 4, and two cooking class for 2 and a $50 gift certificate to b.merri.
- Pine Peaks Wedding & Event Center- Coffee Basket (Rae Dunn Coffee Set: 2 ceramic mugs, 2 travel cups, cookie jar and French press).
- Select Therapy- 3 month membership to Takedown Gym ($144 value)!
- The Office Shop- Ergonomic Chair ($300 value)!
- Brainerd International Raceway- Pair of 2 tickets with VIP Starting Line Tower Seating to the Nationals Drag Races at BIR!
Cub Foods in Baxter and Brainerd are locally owned by Chris Quisberg and his family. Grocery shopping at Cub Foods has never been easier with online grocery shopping and drive through pharmacy (Brainerd)! Cub Foods offers thousands of grocery and household items, such as fresh produce, meat and seafood, deli and bakery, quick and easy meals, health natural and organic food products, including gluten-free and other free-from options, and so much more - all at a great value!
Everyone is invited to learn more about the Chamber and gain exposure for their business by attending this free event. Business After Hours attendees pass the microphone and introduce themselves to the group, so bring your business cards and get ready to network. Attendees are also encouraged to bring door prizes.
As a courtesy to the host, advanced registration is recommended. To make your reservation, click on the Register Online button above or call (218) 829-2838.
If you're not able to attend, join us on Facebook for a live video interview with the host at 5:30 p.m.